Aetna – Fully Insured CVS Health announced several steps to support Aetna members in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including coverage changes. You can access the full press release here for details. Effective immediately, Aetna members will have access to the following resources:
- Aetna will waive co-pays for all diagnostic testing related to COVID-19. This policy will cover the test kit for patients who meet CDC guidelines for testing, which can be done in any approved laboratory location. Aetna will waive the member costs associated with diagnostic testing at any authorized location for all Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid lines of business.
- For the next 90 days, Aetna will offer zero co-pay telemedicine visits for any reason. Aetna members should use telemedicine as their first line of defense in order to limit potential exposure in physician offices. Cost sharing will be waived for all video visits through the CVS MinuteClinic app, Aetna-covered Teladoc offerings and in-network providers delivering synchronous virtual care (live videoconferencing) for all Commercial plan designs.
- Through Aetna’s Healing Better program, members who are diagnosed with COVID-19 will receive a care package containing CVS over-the-counter medications to help relieve symptoms. The package will also include personal and household cleaning supplies to help keep others in the home protected from potential exposure.
- Through existing care management programs, Aetna will proactively reach out to members most at-risk for COVID-19. Care managers will walk members through what they can do to protect themselves, where to get information on the virus, and where to go to get tested.
- Aetna is extending its Medicare Advantage virtual evaluation and monitoring visit benefit to all Aetna Commercial members as a fully-covered benefit. This offering will empower members with other conditions that need follow-up care to engage with providers without the concern of sitting in a physician’s office and risking potential exposure to COVID-19. CVS Health is taking additional steps across the company to address the COVID-19 outbreak and protect patient access to medication. More information about the latest enhancements is available here:
- Beginning immediately, CVS Pharmacy will waive charges for home delivery of prescription medications. With the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention encouraging people at higher risk for COVID-19 complications to stay at home as much as possible, this is a convenient option to avoid coming to the pharmacy for refills or new prescriptions.
- Aetna will now offer 90-day maintenance medication prescriptions for Commercial and Medicare members and is working with state governments to make the same option available to Medicaid members where allowable.
- In addition, Aetna will waive early refill limits on 30-day prescription maintenance medications for all members with pharmacy benefits administered through CVS Caremark.
Please contact your Aetna representative with any questions.
CVS Health Press Releases: https://cvshealth.com/newsroom/press-releases/cvs-health-announces-covid-19-resources-aetnamembers